Red Ribbon Week Rally

Katie Wertheimer

LAKE MICHIGAN CATHOLIC-  The Students Against Destructive Decisions (S.A.D.D) club of LMC recently put on a rally for Red Ribbon Week in hopes to raise awareness of the dangers that come with the usage of alcohol and drugs in a fun and educational environment. S.A.D.D has been a club at LMC for four year now has always been known for helping students understand how much drinking and abusing drugs negatively affects your vision, coordination and ability to make smart decisions.

At the rally, the club held several activities,including a ball toss and obstacle course while wearing goggles that mimicked how your vision is affected when drunk. As expected, many people fell on the obstacle course and failed to catch the ball with the goggles on. The S.A.D.D club also had tug of war, coloring areas, and a door decorating contest. The door decorating contest involved each grade decorating their first hour teacher’s door with a positive antidrug and alcohol awareness, and they awarded the winning grade with a jean day for the class.

Ms. Schmid, director of S.A.D.D club,thinks that the rally was a success.

”The Red Ribbon Rally was a fun event that helped our high school students learn a serious message; alcohol and other drugs impair the mind. Congratulations to our S.A.D.D teams on a job well done!”

A job well done in deed to the S.A.D.D. club for making life lessons fun and educational!