Laker Volleyball Digs Pink

Back to Article
Back to Article

Laker Volleyball Digs Pink

Katie Wertheimer

MICHIGAN LUTHERAN HIGH SCHOOL- Wednesday, September 17, both LMC’s JV and Varsity Volleyball teams took on ML in their annual Dig Pink games. Although both teams lost closely-matched games, they were successful in raising money for breast cancer awareness and in showing support for the cause by sporting pink outfits.

For the Junior Varsity games, the Lakers fell short, losing all three games. They did, however, show great improvement considering they are made up of primarily freshman, with one sophomore.

The scores of the Varsity game, on the other hand, proved it to be a very close game between the two religious-based schools. For the first of five possible games, the Lakers were off to a slightly rocky start, being down several points early in the game, but pulled through with a win.

The second game was equally close, but disappointing for the team and the student section, as they were unable to hold the lead, which they had obtained fairly quickly. After two games, LMC and ML were all tied up, leaving the next two games to decide the winner and leaving the crowd in suspense.

The third game was touch and go, with the lead alternating between the skilled teams, but in the end LMC couldn’t pull through and lost the third game. It was up to the fourth game to decide if Michigan Lutheran would snag a win or if the Lakers could tie things up for a fifth game.

The team fought and played with the same spark as their previous games, leaving the results up in the air until the very end. It was very close, but in the end, the ladies were just not on it that night. 

Senior Elena Proos, Libero, believes that it wasn’t their best day and that the new lineup took some getting used to.

“With a brand new lineup that is new and we need to get used to it. I think this is a great new change for the team and after some time, we’ll all be playing our best.” 

Although it was a disappointing loss, LMC is confident that they can pull a win when they hit their peak and will have a successful season nonetheless.