Hooray for Spring Break!

Sarah Jannings

LAKE MICHIGAN CATHOLIC- The school year has flown by and this week is the last week students will be in school before they start their spring break!  Most of the students at LMC have exciting plans for each of their own spring breaks.

Some are traveling within the United States, while others are jetting out of the country.  Spring break is a time for the students to relax, catch up on their sleep, and enjoy their time off school!  

Everyone in the high school chooses to either have alone time, spend time with their families, or hang out with friends over spring break.  Senior, Caroline Miota has exciting plans for her spring break this year.

“My family is planning on going to Reno Nevada to watch my sister box and go skiing!”

Miota also says she loves spring break because of the anticipation leading up to it.  While Miota will be enjoying her spring break with her family, senior Jared Hannapel says,

“I’m going on college visits.” and that “My favorite part about spring break is in the name, a much needed break from school.”

While Hannapel will remain very busy during his spring break, two juniors, Jake Koenig and Maxi Viol will be travelling outside of the state to enjoy time with their families.

Koenig looks forward to spring break every year and says, “I am going to see my brother and his wife in Minnesota and my older brother will be visiting as well from Oklahoma.”
Viol, on the other hand, is a foreign exchange student here from Germany, so this will be her first official spring break here in the United States with her host family.  Even though back in Germany she received two official weeks of spring break she is still looking forward to this one week here in America.

“My host mom and host sister plan on going to Disney World in Florida and we plan on going for four days and on the way back we are going to stop at random places like Nashville and just visit the country.  We’ll visit restaurants and I’m really excited for the rides and I’ve only been to Disneyland before in Paris.”
Similar to Viol, sophomore, Madi Herzog, plans on going to Florida and, possibly going to Disney or Universal for a day as well.

“My dad and two younger siblings are driving down and we are going to a condo with a water park down in Florida and we might bring my dad’s girlfriend’s daughters who are my age.  We might go to Disney World one day and we might also go to Universal to go on rides and eat food. We are not bringing our dog, so that will also be less responsibility.”

Unlike Herzog, sophomore, Jake Jozwiak plans on staying here in Michigan and enjoying time in the great outdoors.

“I am going to Manistee Michigan and I am going to go steelhead fishing.  I am going up with my dad, his brothers, his cousins, and we’re going to fish camp and there’s usually a campfire and we’ll be in a camping trailer.”

Jozwiak is looking forward to hopefully catching lots of fish, nice weather, and that he doesn’t have to go to school for a whole week.

Freshman, Logan Mayfield, says that he will truly be beginning his spring break on Sunday as him and his grandparents leave for Nashville Tennessee.

“We’ll be staying at a hotel that has a waterpark and there is a national park down there and my grandparents and I plan on going down there and walking on the trails.”

Finally, freshman, Claire LaSata, will be enjoying her spring break as she will be going to visit both of her sisters up in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan.

Students are continuing to work hard these last few days before their spring breaks and can’t wait to start their plans.  Keep calm students for spring break is almost here!