We Want You to Vote!

Adriana Nerio

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA – Election day is around the corner, November 6th. To be able to vote you must be 18 years or older and an American citizen. On election day the ballot consists voting of Senators, State Representatives, House of Representatives, Supreme court, governor, attorney general, and Michigan supreme courts. Over the years, there has been a lack of youth voters.

As a minor I encourage young people who have the opportunity to vote to vote and make America the best it can be. The following are reason why young people should vote.

Young voters account for half of the voting population, making young people a powerful political source. Since 2016 young voters have decreased by 2%.

As young voters decrease each year fewer people don’t get to vote on direct issues that might affect our lives in the future. A young voter should be a voice for our future.

Issues that may not be important to you today, such as insurance, healthcare, or other responsibilities that young people’s parents would have to deal, could be important in the future. Take this opportunity for your voice to be heard.

Another reason why young people should vote is in 2016, only 19% of people aged 18-29 cast their ballot in the presidential election; at 49%, 45 to 64 year-olds counted for the largest age group to vote. This means that young people should vote to be the voice of the future generation, in other words every vote counts.

Young people might believe that their vote doesn’t matter, however, every vote matters. A young person should take this great opportunity to vote that others may not have.

This vote can make a big difference in our county. A young voter should vote because it counts for half of the voting population, we are the powerful political source, and we have the power to make a difference in the country.

Resource:

https://www.thebestcolleges.org/9-reasons-we-need-young-voters-more-than-ever/