WINTERFEST COURT 2018

Sarah Jannings

LAKE MICHIGAN CATHOLIC- The voting has taken place and the students of LMC have been nominated by their classmates to represent their class in the Winterfest 2018 Court!  Every year during Winterfest, high school students get to nominate members of their class to represent them during the Winterfest crowning ceremony which takes place between the Varsity Girls Basketball Game and Varsity Boys Basketball Game on Friday night at the end Winterfest Week!  

One freshman boy and girl are nominated along with one sophomore boy and girl to represent each of their classes.  This year, Jake Jozwiak and Wendy You have been nominated to represent the freshman class and Brian Ha along with Katie Wertheimer have been nominated to represent the sophomore class.

Three junior girls have been nominated along with three junior boys to represent their class.  Caroline McLoughlin, Sarah Milanowski, and Adriana Nerio along with Jared Hannapel, Nathan Janson, and Christian Monconduit have been nominated to represent their junior class.

One boy and one girl of the junior class get the opportunity to be voted, by their classmates, to win the title of Winterfest Prince and Princess.  Four senior boys and five senior girls have been nominated by their classmates and one of those boys along with a girl get the chance to win the title of Winterfest King and Queen.  

Senior boys Dominic Damico, Michael Johnston, Alex Sabottke, and Emilio Quattrin along with senior girls Inae Choi, Seyeon Kim, Anna LaSata, Katie Sullivan, and Jamie Tidey were nominated  to represent their senior class.  The Winterfest crowning ceremony is always a fun and exciting experience for everyone!  

¨My favorite part of the winterfest crowning ceremony is the reactions of the contestants.  The winterfest crowning ceremony shows who the school thinks is the most kind, outgoing, and the best representative for the class.  I feel like Brian is the best pick for the sophomores because he is always kind and makes an effort to talk to all of the people in the class.  Katie is overall the most kindest person I have met, I would not have wanted anyone else, said Bailey Siglow an LMC sophomore.

Students get to cheer on their classmates on the gymnasium bleachers while many pictures are taken.  It is a memorable experience for all the students on the court and everyone is looking forward to see who wins the titles of Winterfest King, Queen, Prince, and Princess for the school year of 2018!