MARCH FOR LIFE – 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

MARCH FOR LIFE – 2018

Evan Brown, Adriana Nerio, and Nathan Janson

WASHINGTON, D.C. – 

Entry from January 19, 2018 – Friday was the climax of the March for Life Trip because this was when the long awaited march took place. In the morning, some of the students woke up early and went to the Holocaust Museum, while others slept in. When the time for the march finally came, people from all around the world gathered around a stage where many great speakers reminded the people of what a great cause this was. Some of the speakers included Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, Pamela Tebow, mother of famous football player, Tim Tebow, and many others (including multiple members of the US Congress). After all the speakers were done, the people began to march throughout Washington, D.C., letting them know that abortion is wrong and needs to be put to an end. The march ended near the Capitol Building, where around 500,000 people finished the march. Then the students ate lunch and separated again, some going back to the hotel and others going to Arlington Cemetery. Later that night, the students boarded the bus for the trip back home, knowing that they had put in great effort to a very worthy cause.
-Nathan Janson

Entry from January 18, 2018 – Thursday night was busy and full of excitement for the LMC group that went on the March for Life trip in Washington D.C. They went to mass at the beautiful Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. This mass was the official mass of the March for Life and was packed with thousands of people who would march the next day. After that the students continued to a fancy Italian restaurant where they ate amazing pasta, a ton of ice cream, and more amazing food. The third day of the trip was certainly a huge success.
– Nathan Janson

Entry from January 17, 2018 – On our first day in Washington, D.C., for the March for Life, we visited many of the museums and monuments. We started our day eating breakfast at Lincoln Waffle Shop. Following breakfast, the group visited Ford’s Theater, the location of President Lincoln’s assassination. After Ford’s Theater, we went to see the National Archives, home to one of the most famous documents in history, the Declaration of Independence, is held. Finally, we were able to take a night tour of the city’s famous monuments, including the Lincoln Memorial, the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, and the MLK Memorial.
– Adriana Nerio

Entry from January 17, 2018 – On the evening of January  16th, 2018, 14 brave LMC students faced the unbearable odds and boarded a charter bus. The 12 hour trip, although littered with whining Nathan Jansons, crying Seth Collins, and less than preferable smells, the journey was a success! We arrived in our great capital unfazed and ready to spread our Catholic faith to the world. It is also worth mentioning that we stopped at a rest stop that was extremely rad. It sold medieval helmets! How good is that? Anyway, the March for Life trip is a go!
– Evan Brown

Check back for updates on LMC’s trip to Washington, D.C. to attend and participate the annual March for Life