TOP 5 MOST ICONIC JORDANS

Tim Kessler

LAKE MICHIGAN CATHOLIC – Michael Jeffrey Jordan, also known as MJ, is one of the most iconic and arguably the best basketball player in United States history.  In 1984, Jordan was drafted as the third pick to the Chicago Bulls, officially marking the beginning of his career.

Jordan quickly gained popularity from his prolific scoring and ability to jump incredibly high as well as far. He then earned the title, “Air Jordan,” which little did he know would become the name of perhaps the most popular basketball shoe line in history.

In this article we will be going over the top 5 most iconic Air Jordans in all of history.

The criteria for this list will be based on how the sneakers shaped Jordans company as well as modern society.

5.)  AIR JORDAN VIII   

The 8s come in at the number five spot.  This pair of shoes was one of the first to implement straps on the shoe itself. It sparked the idea of velcro straps on basketball shoes which LeBron James’s sneaker line is famous for.  These kicks were also the shoes that MJ wore when he beat Charles Barkley In the 1993 finals.

4.) AIR JORDAN XIII

The 13s come in at the number 4 spot.  These Jordans were worn often by MJ during his run with the Chicago Bulls. The glass-looking orb on the back of the shoe and its many indents really attracted people to this shoe. Then famous actor Denzel Washington wore these shoes in the movie He Got Game which brought a lot of hype around the shoe.

3.) AIR JORDAN XI

The 11s are coming in at the number 3 spot. These shoes were one of the greatest pairs of Jordans ever.  The ankle area of the shoe is much lower, which was a big change for many jordan sneaker consumers but  the way the lacing is done on this shoe was like no other.  The clean and sleek look of this shoe makes everyone what these on their feet.

2.) AIR JORDAN XII

The 12s are coming in hot at the number 2 spot.  These shoes were one of the most iconic jordans out of all of them.  These sneakers are the shoes that brought MJ’s sneaker line to its own brand after being previously owned by Nike for years. The solid black really brings out the gold lace clips and the rivets in the body of the shoe look amazing.

1.)  AIR JORDAN I

The 1s, do I need to say anymore? This shoe launched Jordans sneaker line in 1993 and has shaped the streetwear society in a way like no other. The full leather body looks fresh and these shoes still look amazing on almost anyone 24 years later. These shoes took the number one spot and will forever stay there.