KEY CLUB TOY DRIVE: HELPING DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sarah Jannings

LAKE MICHIGAN CATHOLIC- The Lake Michigan Catholic High School Key Club will be hosting their annual toy drive throughout the month of December.  The toys are for our very own parishioners in need, at our local parishes.  

The key club members, along with the fellow students of Lake Michigan Catholic, will be going out and buying toys for children and teens of all ages.  The key club is asking for the toys to be at least ten dollars, for these people deserve something very nice as their Christmas gift.  

All of the toys donated must be brand new and will end up in the perfect home for a child in need.  Not everyone in the world is as rich and fortunate as some, which is a reason to donate some toys.

Thanks to the help and generosity of the high school key club, along with hopefully many other students, these children will be able to have a smile on their face when they open their very own gift on Christmas morning.  It’s amazing the things you take for granted, like what if you didn’t receive a toy for your Christmas gift when you were younger?  

It’s a spectacular experience that every child needs to be apart of and with the toy drive they can have this experience.  The toys can be turned into Mrs. Schemenauer’s room and the key club is asking that you do not wrap them.  

This is an event that the high school, middle school, and this year possibly even the elementary school can be apart of.  The toy drive is open to the whole school and the last day to bring in a toy is December 20th.

Senior Iane Choi is a member of LMC key club and is looking forward to the toy drive.  “It’s so nice that the key club is doing something like this.  It will definitely help those in need in our parish, said Choi.

The toy drive is always a great success and it is something that everyone should be apart of!