LMC GATHERS FOR THANKSGIVING

Caroline McLoughlin

LMC ELEMENTARY GYM-  Every year the Lake Michigan Catholic community celebrates an all school mass for Thanksgiving. For this mass, many alumni and parents come to the elementary school to celebrate with the entire school family.

This year, Father Bob celebrated the mass with Father Arul. The Elementary school led the music, while high school seniors, Seth Collins, Jesse schuenamen, and Michael Johnston, were the servers of the mass.

Anna Lasata, did the reading, Jack and Ellen Howard carried the banner, and some elementary students read the petitions. Seniors, Kyle Juza, Tommy Koenig, and Dominic Damico brought up the gifts with two elementary girls.

During the homily, Father Bob talked about Thanksgiving, the Eucharist, and Blessed Salanus Casey. He focused on the Eucharist meaning ‘thanksgiving’ and that every mass is a mini thanksgiving.

Then, Father touched on the beatification of Father Salanus Casey that happened in Detroit the weekend prior. Father talked about the life of Father Casey and his struggles as a priest.

After the mass there were pies for sale in the Elementary gym lobby. The high school students could go home after the mass and elementary students could leave if their parents went to their classrooms and excused them.

The mass was very successful and allowed everyone to reflect on what they are thankful for just before Thanksgiving.