• September 24Homecoming Week: Friday - Extreme Spirit Day

• September 24Homecoming Week: Thursday - Theme Day

• September 24Homecoming Week: Tuesday - Denim Day

ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

Jack Janson

LOS ANGELES- As every incredible book must end eventually so has this incredible World Series; however, the ending of this story was certainly a plot twister. The winner of this world series was the Astros with a whopping 5-1 victory over the home team, the Dodgers.

The Astros finally took home their first World Series trophy in franchise history.

With the series tied 3-3, game seven was winner takes all. There was no room for making mistakes and that’s exactly what L.A. did.

Again and again, Houston capitalised on the Dodgers errors and slowly brought them to their knees. This was clearly shown in the top of the first after George Springer started the game with a lead off double.

Then, Alex Bregman hit a grounder to 1st baseman Cody Bellenger. Pitcher Yu Darvish ran over to first base and Bellenger overthrow him allowing Bregman to make it one nothing from second.

Things only got worse for the dodgers when Jose Altuve hit another grounder to Bellinger and he hesitated to throw it home allowing Bregman to make it 2-0 from third.

Once again, in the top of the second, the Astros score by hitting a grounder to second. This time it was the pitcher Lance McCullers Jr. to knock one to second baseman Logan Forsythe, who hesitated to go home and threw it to first to allow Brian McCann to make it 3-0 Astos.

In that same inning, George Springer was back on the plate after his previous double in the first. He stepped up and jacked a two run dinger to make it a 5-0 game in only the second inning.

After the second the game got pretty quiet with a few nail biting moments for both teams and some great plays made by the Astros.

The Dodgers tried to claw their way back into the game but it just wasn’t happening. It wasn’t until the bottom of the 6th when Los Angeles finally put one on the board.

Astro’s, Lance McCuller Jr. and the rest of their defense was outstanding. They let go one run but some of the plays they made were just textbook.

Overall, it came down to who was the better team and the Dodgers sure proved that they weren’t that team. With such a tight series it would have been nice to see a more surprising ending, but what can they do about it?

Congratulations to the Astros franchise for getting their first World Series win and see you next year baseball fans.