FIRST EXPERIENCES AT THE LMC HOMECOMING

Adriana Nerio

LAKE MICHIGAN CATHOLIC –  Homecoming and Winterfest are some of the most exciting events of the year. Homecoming consists of themes, decorations, dress-up days, powderpuff, and a football game and is organized by the Sophomore class.

This Lake Michigan Catholics Homecoming had a Disney Park theme; Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios.

Students get very enthusiastic about Homecoming. It is one the two events where students are allowed to be creative and dress-up instead of wearing the school’s uniform and walking pass plain blue hallways.      

Some students at Lake Michigan Catholic had their first experiences as a high school student or had their first homecoming ever! Homecoming is a great experience for every student to create memories and to express who they are.

Caio Dias, exchange student from Brazil, has never experienced a Homecoming at school. Dias has had celebrated festivals in his previous schools back in Brazil but nothing like how Lake Michigan Catholic celebrated Homecoming.

“Homecoming was very cool and funny. I like the decoration in the hallways and lockers.”

Hattie Latham, Freshman, was excited to be part of homecoming as well.

“I was really looking forward towards this Homecoming, I was excited to be part of decorating and dressing up.”

Latham had explained that in Middle School, they did not participate in Homecoming as much as the High School. They participated in some dress up days, but they did not have a specific theme.

The Homecoming game seems to be the best part of Homecoming for most students. Caio Dias loved the half time performance especially seeing one of his friends, Senior Jessie Schueneman, get crowned the 2017 Homecoming King.

Dias also enjoyed going to the Game because he had the opportunity to meet and spend time with new students.

Hattie Latham had similar experiences. She had a great time at the game and that gave a chance to spend time with her friends who do not attend Lake Michigan Catholic High School.

Homecoming is the best time of the year to have fun, be silly, spend time or make new friends. Over all, every student whether they are new or old to Homecoming experiences had a great time throughout the week and at the game.