Band Trip – Day 5

Erika Spafford

DAY 5

ORLANDO – Today was the final day in Orlando for the LMCHS band, and the students spent a majority of it at Universal Studios.  Though they did have an amazing time at Disney, most of the high schoolers were looking forward to Universal’s more intense roller coasters.

Some of these super intense rides were the Hollywood Rip Ride and the Hulk.  Both of these roller coasters have daring drops and speeds fast enough to leave all riders breathless.

Aside from the roller coasters was The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  Fans of the books and movie franchise were ecstatic to enter that section of the park and explore.

The detail put into the replicas of Diagon Alley and Hogwarts was enough to make all stare in awe.  Just like in the other parks, food was another huge part of the day.

From fancy milkshakes to the famous butterbeer in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the LMCHS students had it all.  After they finished at the park, the band members went to their final attraction of the trip: the pirate dinner.

This audience-interactive dinner show is full of strange comedy but brought a smiles to all faces.  Lucy Arbanas, freshman, was very entertained by the show.

“The acrobatics were amazing and kept the crowd on their toes while watching.  The show was amazing, filled with plenty of cheers and talent.”

The end of the show marked the beginning of the long journey home, much to the dismay of all of the students.  Mr. Joe Jarvie was highly pleased with the overall outcome of the trip.

“First off, the weather was wonderful.  At this time of year, it can be cool and rainy, but we hit nothing but warm, sunny weather.  It was definitely T-shirts and shorts for us the whole trip!  All of the students made LMC, their parents, and [me] proud with their behaviour and general good spirit and good will on this trip.  It has been an absolute pleasure to be around all of the students!”

Elena Douville, senior saxophonist and oboist, felt a mix of emotions about the trip, especially since this would be her last as an LMC senior.

“You’re at Disney World so you obviously are going to have a great time, but when you are playing the final song during a performance, or watching the fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom, you realize that while you’re living in an adventure, you are almost over with on as well.”

Though it’ll be tough for them to say goodbye to the beautiful, warm sunny weather of Florida, the memories created on this successful trip will be enough to warm their hearts.