The Real Winterfest Queens

Allana Cunha

LAKE MICHIGAN CATHOLIC – During and before Winterfest week, Mrs. Simmons, one of the high school and college English professors, and  Mrs. Jasper-Stump, one of the high school science teachers, are always working hard to make sure that the eventful week is running smoothly.  

For a while now, Mrs. Jasper-Stump has had the polls for the Winterfest court done, she was just waiting for the right time to send them to the students.  Likewise, last week, Mrs. Simmons was already making the sashes for the court and spent many hours working on them.  Much to her satisfaction, none of the letters peeled off the sashes like in previous years.  She is always on top of things and even let students use her room to make decorations for the hallways.  

For the pep-rally and the game, Mrs. Jasper-Stump and the freshmen class made noise shakers for the students to cheer on their peers.  For the lock-in, which took place on Friday, January, 20, 2016 with doors opening at 10p.m. and closing at 11:00p.m., Mrs. Simmons made the scavenger hunt game. She will also be at the lock-in all night taking care of the students.

Mrs. Simmons likes to get involved because it makes students want to participate in the activities that are hosted through the week.  Mrs. Jasper-Stump has also helped much during Winterfest week since she is one of the freshmen class advisors, which is the class that is in charge of Winterfest week.  

Thanks to Mrs. Simmons and Mrs. Jasper-Stump, students are always able to have a great Winterfest week.